Najma and Fulla

Fulla DollThis is Najma and Fulla, What is Fulla? according to Wikipedia:
Fulla is the name of an 11 1/2 inch Barbie-like fashion doll marketed to children of Islamic and Middle-Eastern countries as an alternative to Barbie. The concept of her evolved around 1999, and she hit stores in late 2003. Fulla was created by a Syrian manufacturer from Damascus, and a toy company called NewBoy Toys. Fulla is also sold in China, Brazil, North Africa, and Egypt, while a few are sold in the United States. Although there had been many other dolls in the past that were created with a hijab, such as Razanne and Moroccan Barbie, none of them had ever been as popular as Fulla. Fulla is a role-model to some Muslim people, displaying how many Muslim people would prefer their daughters to dress and behave.

Comments

Susan said…
Though I'm not Muslim, my mother often commented on my Barbie's physique when I was a child. It was less about her clothes and more about the ideas that young girls would infer from seeing a doll w/ a teeny tiny waste and huge bust line. I think Fulla is much more realistic (but I'll have to undress her to find out).
Bunyamin Najmi said…
"(but I'll have to undress her to find out)"

hahaha...you are free to undress Fulla...
Anonymous said…
Baru pernah lihat nih ada saudaranya Barbie yang santun... Sayang anakku dah gede, harus nunggu punya cucu keknya ..:)